Permanent Part Time Hiring for two vacancies Join our friendly team of educators and work…
Growing Potential Ltd
Blacktown, Sydney NSW
Teaching – Early Childhood (Education & Training)
- Maternity relief position (6 months)
- Family friendly organisation
- Short working hours
Join our friendly team at our Balmoral Street Preschool, located in Blacktown, NSW! The centre has its own unique community spirit, is led by an experienced and committed Centre Manager, supported by a General Executive Manager and team of educators.
About Children First
Children First is a not-for-profit organisation that provides preschool, long day care, before and after school care, and vacation care services in the Blacktown area. It operates out of six sites and approximately 700 children attend these services in any week. In addition to providing childcare services from its own centres, Children First, which is a service of Growing Potential Ltd., is funded to operate family support services to centres, families and children across Western Sydney.
About the role
As an early childhood educator, you will closely work with children, families and other educators to deliver high quality of educational services and care for children. You will work part time, 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, 6 hours per day. This is a temporary role for 6 months, with a potential opportunity of extension.
Commencing on 17th April 2023, you will be offered a competitive rate with generous benefits including salary packaging. You will work for a family friendly organisation and will have access to our free Employee Assistance Program.
You will ideally possess the following experience, knowledge, qualification:
- A Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (or ACECQA approved equivalent)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- A current First Aid Certificate including Asthma and Anaphylaxis Training
- A current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- Willingness to obtain a National Police Check if successful
- Knowledge of the National Quality Framework i.e., National Regulations, National Quality Standards and the Early Years Learning Framework
- The ability to form warm, responsive relationships with children, parents and staff
- A positive, friendly attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and capacity to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment
If you believe you meet the above key requirements and want to work for a not-for-profit organisation that support and grow the potential of children, families and communities, then we would love to hear from you!
Enquiries or Application Process
Please submit a copy of your cover letter and resume.
Applications close 6th April 2023.