- This event has passed.
26 September, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Do you find yourself becoming an ‘accidental counsellor’ to parents/carers of children at your centre? Would you like to gain skills in dealing with difficult or sensitive issues?
Then this course is for you!
Summary of the training:
- Understand the 3 stage model of counselling
- Understand and apply basic counselling skills
- Understand best practice for approaching and responding to distressed individuals
- Effectively apply communication skills
- Explore appropriate boundary setting
- Understand referral options and strategies
Morning tea will be provided
Presenter: Colleen Hirst – Clinical Psychologist/Family Therapist