25 September @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Do you find yourself becoming an ‘accidental counsellor’ to parents/carers of children at your centre? Would you like to gain skills in dealing with difficult or sensitive issues? Then this is the course for you!
Summary of the training:
• Understand the 3 stage model of counselling
• Understand and apply basic counselling skills
• Understand best practice for approaching and responding to distressed individuals • Effectively apply communication skills
• Explore appropriate boundary setting
• Understand referral options and strategies
Morning tea will be provided.
Presenter: Colleen Hirst – Clinical Psychologist/Family Therapist