- This event has passed.
Science Workshop for Early Childhood Educators
7 June, 2018 | 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
This full day workshop will explore how we, as educators, can teach children how science really works in our world in a way children understand.
- Suitable for all Early Childhood Educators
- Designed to build science capacity in your Early Learning Centre
- Highly interactive & hands-on… creativity is celebrated here!
- Embedded curriculum planning
- Built on materials you can source from the local shops
- Includes kit to take back to your centre for instant implementation
Come and discover how you can make science more engaging and fun in your classroom. In this hands-on workshop participants move through a variety of proven experiments that teach students how to engage with the scientific method effectively. Educators learn how to identify and test variables, as well as the ways for early learners to construct fair tests that are meaningful and fun! Following this, educators learn how to build their Early Learning Centre’s capacity in science teaching by creating a series of science kits from household materials as well as tools to engage parents and the community in this learning, all whilst embedding this in the curriculum in a teaching & learning sequence.
This full-day rapid upskill TPL session is fun, engaging and packed with real science embedded in the curriculum that will inspire kids & accelerate learning!
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided.
TRAINING PROVIDER: Fizzics Education – Ben Newsome