Children First is a not for profit organisation that provides preschool, long day care, occasional care, before and after school care, and vacation care services in the Blacktown area. It operates out of six sites and approximately 700 children attend these services in any week. In addition to providing child care services from its own centres, Children First, which is a service of Growing Potential, is funded to operate family support services to centres, families and children across Western Sydney.
We are currently recruiting for both a Part-Time and a Casual Early Childhood Educator to work at our Plumpton Long Day Care Centre, located in Plumpton.
The Part-Time role is 5 days per week, 4 hours per day. Commencing ASAP.
Essential Criteria to be addressed:
- Must hold a Certificate III Children’s Services.
- Must hold a current First Aid certificate including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training.
- Must hold a current Working with children check number.
- A working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Experience in planning for children’s learning
- The ability to form warm, responsive relationships with children, parents and staff.
- A positive, friendly attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Initiative and capacity to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
We offer an award rate salary and great conditions. Previous Applicants need not apply.
To be considered for this role you must complete and provide your cover letter, resume and Children First application pack, available from Ashleigh at [email protected] referencing ‘Child Care Educator’.
Please note: No application will be considered unless accompanied by a covering letter and a completed Childrenfirst application form addressing each of the essential criteria explicitly.
Applications close: Wednesday 17th April 2019