Join our friendly team at our Plumpton Long Day Care Centre, located in Plumpton, NSW! The…
Growing Potential Ltd
Plumpton, Sydney NSW
Kitchen & Sandwich Hands (Hospitality & Tourism)
- No experience required.
- Perfect for those who want to work during school hours.
- Family friendly organisation
Join our friendly team at our Plumpton Long Day Care Centre, located in Plumpton, NSW! The centre has its own unique community spirit, is led by an experienced and committed Centre Manager, and supported by a General Executive Manager and team of educators.
About Children First
Children First is a not-for-profit organisation that provides preschool, long day care, before and after school care, and vacation care services in the Blacktown area. It operates out of six sites and approximately 700 children attend these services in any week. In addition to providing childcare services from its own centres, Children First, which is a service of Growing Potential Ltd., is funded to operate family support services to centres, families and children across Western Sydney.
About the role
As a Kitchen Hand you will be provided support and training on commencement and will deliver quality nutritious and balanced meals for children. You will work part time, 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, 4 hours per day (perfect for those who want to work during school hours),
Commencing as soon as possible you will be offered a competitive rate with generous benefits including salary packaging. You will work for a family friendly organisation and will have access to our free Employee Assistance Program.
You will ideally possess the following experience and knowledge:
- Have knowledge of the National Regulations and Departments (i.e., Health and Food Authority)
- Good time management skills
- The ability to form warm, responsive relationships with children, parents, and staff.
- A positive and friendly attitude
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and follow food making instructions.
- Initiative and capacity to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Must hold a current First Aid Certificate or be willing to undertake training.
- A current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain.
- Willingness to obtain a National Police Check if successful.
If you believe you meet the above key requirements and want to work for a not-for-profit organisation that supports and grows the potential of children, families, and communities, then we would love to hear from you!
Enquiries or Application Process
Please submit a copy of your cover letter and resume.
Applications close 7th April 2023.