Children First is a not for profit organisation that provides preschool, long day care, occasional…
Children First is a not for profit organisation that provides preschool, long day care, occasional care, before and after school care, and vacation care services in the Blacktown area. It operates out of six sites and approximately 700 children attend these services in any week. In addition to providing child care services from its own centres, Children First, which is a service of Growing Potential, is funded to operate family support services to centres, families and children across Western Sydney.
We are currently recruiting for a part time OOSH Educator for our Shelly Outside School Hours service.
Hours per day:
School Terms – Monday – Friday
3 hours per day (2:30pm – 5:30pm)
15 hours per week
School Holidays – Monday – Friday
3.5 hours per day (7am – 10:30am)
17.5 hours per week
There is an opportunity to pick up extra hours during school terms and school holidays to cover other permanent staff when they are on Annual Leave or Sick Leave
Responsibilities/Duties include but not limited to:
- Ensuring a high standard of quality education and care is provided to children at all times
- Contributing to an engaging program for all children
- Contributing and preparing a nutritional menu for all children
- Contribute to the service’s Quality Improvement Plan
- Other duties as required by the Educational Leader / Nominated Supervisor
- Current First Aid certificate including CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training or willingness to obtain
- CHCPRT001 – Identify and respond to children and Young People at Risk or willingness to obtain
- Current Working With Children Check Number.
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging programs, document and evaluate children’s learning and wellbeing.
- The ability to form warm, responsive relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and use of information technology platforms.
- Initiative and capacity to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- At least one year’s demonstrated experience working with school age children in an OOSH setting.
- Completed or working towards a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, Certificate IV School Aged Care or other child related field
- Working knowledge of National Quality Standard including My Time, Our Place.
- Access to free training opportunities
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Great work/life balance
- Supportive Manager and Team
To be considered for this role, please submit a copy of your cover letter and resume.