Children First is a not for profit organisation that provides preschool, long day care, before…
About Children First
Children First is a not-for-profit organisation that provides preschool, long day care, before and after school care, and vacation care services in the Blacktown area/Regional NSW area. It operates out of six sites and approximately 700 children attend these services in any week. In addition to providing childcare services from its own centres, Children First, which is a service of Growing Potential, is funded to operate family support services to centres, families, and children across Western Sydney.
We are committed to being an organisation that recognises, respects and promotes children’s rights and safety. As a Child Safe Organisation, all of our candidates must have or obtain a valid working with children check.
- Flexible working hours with opportunities to work from home.
- Laptop supplied.
- Salary packaging, claim up to $15,900 p.a tax-free plus $2,650 towards meals and entertainment.
- Access to free professional development (including opportunities to attend conferences)
- Access to free Employee Assistance Program
- Supportive Executive Management Team
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, dedicated, and experienced manager to join our team on a full-time basis, Monday to Friday. The role is 8 hours per day, with a monthly RDO. This position will cover the current OOSH Manager on maternity leave up until August 2024 with possibility to extend.
Based in our corporate office in Blacktown, you will oversee all operations of three Outside School Hours centres, located in Hassall Grove, Blacktown and Tamworth (Regional NSW). Weekly travel to Hassall Grove and Blacktown centres is required with travel to Tamworth required at least once a term.
As the Nominated Supervisor for all three centres, you will provide mentoring and guidance to Educational Leaders and educators supporting them to provide high quality education and care to children and families. You will ensure all centres operate in accordance with the Education & Care Services National Law & Regulations, National Quality Standards and Framework and organisational policies and procedures.
To succeed in this role, you will be:
- Highly organised and a forward planner (as you will be required to effectively manage your own time and tasks)
- Able to problem solve and think on your feet.
- Have a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Manage internal and external reporting requirements efficiently.
- Handling complaints and grievances efficiently and effectively
- Maintain and develop positive relationships and effective communication with various external agencies and School representatives.
- Lead and manage staff performance and development – know-how to inspire people and keep people engaged and accountable.
- Contribute to business development and strategic planning
- Manage financial budgets of each centre
- Assist with administrative duties (including processing new enrolments, maintain waitlist, etc)
- An approved Qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care or School Aged Care.
- Current WWCC for Paid work
- Current First Aid certificate including CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- CHCPRT025 – Identify and report children and Young People at Risk
- Current drivers licence and own car
- Strong understanding of the National Quality Standards, National Quality Framework, Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations
- An understanding of the Child Safe Standards
- Understanding of Child Care Subsidy and Family Assistance Law
- Proven leadership – A minimum 2 years experience as a Nominated Supervisor or 4 years in a leadership position
How to apply
Feel we could be a good fit? Let’s get started! Hit apply now via Seek or send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- Applications close: 3rd October 2023
- Interviews: Arranged as soon as possible for the right candidate
- Commencement date: November 2023
- Other: Only successful candidates will be contacted. Internal applicants encouraged to apply.
Please visit our website www.childrenfirst.asn.au for more information on our benefits, our difference, and the services we provide.